The Catholic University of Korea’ Uijeongbu St. Mary's
Hospital is situated in the pleasant natural environment
of Uijeongbu suburb. Based on the Catholic spirit,
we aim to contribute to the health improvement of local
residents through charity and medical services by
showing Jesus Christ's love to our neighbors. It also puts
meaning to treating the spirit and body of patients
together through the hospital ministry.
On May 7, 1957, the hospital started at a stone building at
271 Beonji, Uijeongbu-eup, Yangju-gun, Gyeonggi-do.
Since then, it has been rebuilt four times from
May 1, 1976 and gradually expanded to 150 beds.
On May 1, 1976, the hospital became the 7th affiliated
hospital of the Catholic University of Korea Medical
College, and was promoted to general hospital
on May 6, 1986 by receiving active support from the CMC.
On May 3, 1993, the hospital moved out to a new building with an area of 21,094 square meters of site and 33,473 square meters of floor space (9 stories above ground and one basement) at 65-1 Geumo-dong, Uijeongbu city. Currently, 33 departments with 718 beds are operating and we are trying to fulfill the great responsibility as the only university hospital in the region above Han River.
In 2004, we finished the Emergency Medical Center in the northern part of Gyeonggi-do that has grown to become a pivotal medical institution in charge of emergency medical care and assisting on major disasters.
In addition, we are operating state-of-the-art medical devices to enhance the quality of medical treatment for our patients. We have multi-slice spiral CT, MRI, radiation cancer therapy machine, infrared thermography, UBT (Urea Breath Test), TLA system, ANGIO equipment and PET-CT, a first among Northern Gyeonggi-do hospitals. Lately, we built a Full-PACS system.
- 11Acquired Grade 1 in hemodialysis suitability
- 06Selected as regional center for neonatal intensive care (Ministry of Health and Welfare)
Designated as a hospital for safe treatment of MERS (Ministry of Health and Welfare)
- 02Acquired the medical institution certificate in 2015 (Ministry of Health and Welfare)
- 01Opened an affiliated clinic at the Gaesung Industrial District
Concluded a medical support agreement for Gaesung Industrial District
- 12Obtained Grade 1 for colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer in correct evaluation conducted by Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service
- 11Selected as a designated hospital for operating emergency medical facilities of Gaesung Industrial District
- 10Designated as a trauma center in Northern Gyeonggi-do
- 06Obtained the highest grade in correct evaluation for acute stroke in 2014 Re-acquired AAHRPP (American Nonprofit Clinical Research Subject Protection Certification Society) full certification
- 05Selected as Grade 1 for excellent hospital for breast cancer and colorectal cancer surgery by the Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service
- 03Selected as top 4% group for emergency medical institution evaluation for 3 consecutive years
- 02Acquired an A grade in differential evaluation of clinical testing agencies in 2013 (Ministry of Food and Drug Safety)
- 12Obtained Grade 1 in cesarean delivery correct evaluation
- 11Acquired Grade 1 for 5 consecutive years in prophylactic antibiotic use evaluation for surgery in 2012
- 07Selected as a life love crisis response center operating agency
- 01Designated as a training hospital for detailed specialists of the Department of Trauma Surgery
- 08Signed MOU of local health and medical cooperation for Uijeongbu citizens.
- 05Opened the Pediatric Emergency Center
- 04Designated as a next-generation pediatric emergency center
- 03Signed MOU for Uijeongbu Children's Library.
- 2010.12Selected as the best hospital in the evaluation of fire prevention management capability in Gyeonggi-do in 2010
- 2010.07Selected as the best medical institution for stroke treatment for two consecutive years in 2010
- 2010.06AAHRPP certification
- 2009.12Grade 1 in correct evaluation of medical care benefits (grade 1 in acute myocardial infarction, 99.7% in stroke)
- 2009.05Designated as a serious trauma specialized (candidate) center
- 2008.11Consignment agreement for the operation of a health center in Pocheon City
- 2008.07Designated as a training hospital for the detailed specialist of critical care patient medicine
- 2007.0550th anniversary of Uijeongbu St. Mary's Hospital
- 2007.022nd ranking in the evaluation of emergency medical information centers by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
- 2006.10Signed an agreement on medical treatment business with International SOS Korea.
- 2006.05Designated as an emergency medical service training hospital
- 2006.01Signed a business agreement for building and operating a 24-hour foreign medical treatment system
- 2005.06Designated as a gene research institute
- 2005.05Permission to establish a tissue bank
- 2005.044th place in the evaluation of medical institutions managed by the Ministry of Health and Welfare
- 2004.07Opening ceremony of the Emergency Medical Center in Northern Gyeonggi-do and Health Promotion Center at Uijeongbu St Mary's Hospital
- 2004.02Designated as a cornea and kidney organ transplantation registration institution and organ transplantation medical institution
- 2003.10Signed an agreement with Lions Sight Center.
- 2001.04Selected as an open hospital demonstration institution (designated by the Ministry of Health and Welfare)
- 2001.02Opened the Trauma Center, Stroke Center, Health Promotion Center, and Cancer Center
- 2000.08Opened foreign clinic.
- 2000.07Opened the Rheumatic Internal Medicine Outpatient ClinicOpened the Emergency Medical Center for Northern Gyeonggi-do
- 2000.06Signed a medical treatment agreement with the 18th medical command of eighth US army in KoreaEstablishment of the short-term hospitalization ward
- 2000.05Established the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Center
- 2000.03Designation as a long-term (cornea field) transplantation registration institution
- 1999.11Designated as an emergency medical center in Northern Gyeonggi-do
- 1998.12Designated as a specialist training hospital for gastrointestinal endoscopy
- 1996.07Changed hospital name to Catholic University of Korea’s Uijeongbu St. Mary's HospitalExpanded the Kidney Clinic Dialysis Center
- 1996.06Designated as an emergency medical center
- 1994.10Designated as a designated medical institution (Feb. 13, 1995)
- 1994.03Designated as a general health checkup institutionEstablished an Eye Bank
- 1994.02Designated as a consignment test execution institution
- 1994.01Established the Uijeongbu research department of the Medical Science Institute
- 1993.11Designated as an intern and resident training hospital
- 1993.0518 new clinics of the newly built hospital started to perform medical treatments (area of 19.484㎡, floor space of 33.473㎡, 480 beds)
- 1986.05Promoted to general hospital
- 1984.11Designated as an intern training hospital
- 1981.07Choi Joon-young took office as the 5th Director Designated as a community medical practice hospital of the Catholic College of Medicine
- 1976.06Promoted to Catholic University of Korea affiliated hospital (7th hospital)
- 1961Sisterhood with St. Mary's Hospital of the Catholic College of Medicine
- 1957.05Opened Uijeongbu St. Mary's Hospital.